The course offers a high-quality level ‘hands-on’ training to physicians or other professionals interested in andrology, including:
- A thorough review of normal testis morphology, with focus on spermatogenesis, and various degrees of damage of spermatogenesis and changes of testicular histology found in patients with different types of infertility (microscopy sessions)
- Demonstration of open biopsy of the testis – TESE /and mTESE/, sperm harvesting from testicular biopsy
- Basic knowledge of testicular dysgenesis syndrome, germ cell neoplasia in situ (GCNIS) testis; presentation of novel tumour markers and modern classification of testicular tumours (microscopy sessions)
- Basic knowledge on genetics and epigenetics of male fertility/infertility
- Presentation of the current regulations of EU regarding sperm & testicular tissue biobanking.